The dust has settled and we’ve moved into our new home. We still have decorating to do so you’ll see some changes over the next few weeks.
Take a visit to http://www.travelingwellforless.com, and tell us what you think.
What another contest? I thought this blog was all about traveling well for less? Where are the posts about exotic trips and traveling?
Yeah, I know. Work and school has me a little preoccupied, but the semester is almost over. Stay tuned for posts about traveling. In the meantime, why not try and win some easy miles and cash in the US Airways Miles Gift Registry Sweepstakes that begun on May 1, 2012 and ends on June 30, 2012. It will only take a few moments of your time and you could win 100,000 US Airways miles and $2,000, more than enough for a nice vacation. Not a bad investment of your time, don’t you think.
It took me 10 minutes to earn 61 entries – half that time was signing into my US Airways account since I couldn’t remember my password. Ooops. My 61 entries consisted of # 1, # 2, # 4, and # 5.
Here’s how to enter:
- Enter Online: You may enter the Sweepstakes by going to the Sweepstakes homepage and entering your name. e-mail address, telephone number and password. You may only enter once through this method. This entry method will earn you one entry.
- Register a Gift Registry: You may enter the Sweepstakes by creating a gift registry through the link on the Sweepstakes homepage. You may only enter the Sweepstakes once by this method.Entry by this method will earn you 50 entries in the Sweepstakes.
- Receive A Contribution to Your Gift Registry: The first purchase of Dividend Miles for your gift registry during the Sweepstakes Entry Period through the Sweepstakes homepage will earn you 50 entries in the Sweepstakes. You may only enter the Sweepstakes once by this method.
- Like on Facebook. You may enter the Sweepstakes by liking the Site on Facebook through the link on the Sweepstakes homepage. You will earn five entries through this method and may only enter once through this method.
- Follow on Twitter. You may enter the Sweepstakes by following US Airways on Twitter through the link on the Sweepstakes homepage. You will earn five entries through this method and may only enter once through this method.
- Share Sweepstakes. You may enter the Sweepstakes by sharing the Sweepstakes through the link on the Sweepstakes homepage. You may earn five entries for each person you share the Sweepstakes with who then enters the Sweepstakes under method (1) above. You may earn a maximum of 25 entries through this method.
Enter here. Or if you want to help me earn 5 more entries, enter using my referral link here. After you’ve entered, leave a comment along with your referral link and hopefully the next person will do the same.
What could be better than winning a 7 day trip to Hawaii? How about a 7 day trip to Hawaii, a Million Hilton HHonors Points, AND $1,000.
- 7-day, 6-night stay at the exquisite Hilton Hawaiian Village® Waikiki Beach Resort, which offers the perfect mix of restful accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality
- Roundtrip airfare for two
- One million Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points
- $1,000 Hilton HHonors Gift Card that can be used at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio
Two (2) First Prize winners will receive:
- 100 DVD titles in celebration of Universal’s 100th Anniversary, including some of the most memorable movies of all time
Enter to win here.
See the 2012 Olympic Games in London this summer courtesy of Chase Sapphire and Visa.
Chase Sapphire and Visa have partnered to offer one lucky winner a 4 Day trip to the 2012 Olympic Games in London, complete with roundtrip airfare, 4 star hotel accommodations with daily breakfast, and tickets to the Olympic Games events.
There are 3 ways to enter the Visa London 2012 Olympic Games Sweepstakes:
1) Automatic Entry: Use your Chase SapphireSM Visa Signature card for all your spending between May 7 – May 31, 2012. You’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win when you make a purchase. If you don’t have a Chase SapphireSM Visa Signature, you can still enter.
2) Online: Enter via the Chase Sapphire Visa promo here.
3) Mail: hand-printing your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 3″ x 5″ card, and mailing, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Visa London 2012 Olympic Games Sweepstakes for Chase Sapphire, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 5/31/12 and received by 6/7/12 in order to be eligible.
I’ve entered, how about you?
Daily Getaways offers for May 1 – May 4, 2012:
- Tuesday May 8: Fairmont*
- 6 Night Hawaii vacation for $1,750 at either The Fairmont Kea Lani in a Suite on the island of Maui or The Fairmont Orchid in a Standard room on the Big Island. Breakfast for two included.
- Weekend at the Plaza for $950. One night stay at the Plaza Hotel in a Standard room in New York. Breakfast for two included.
*GREAT OFFERS: The fact that there are no black out dates or expiration and you can redeem all 6 nights back to back or one or two at a time is a great deal. But, there are only 10 of these available. Bad for us but great for the Fairmont since it doesn’t devalue their product.
- Wednesday May 9: Hyatt Hotels aka Hyatt Points*
- 2 Nights in a Hyatt premium property aka 24,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points for $260
- 2 Nights in a Hyatt top hotel aka 36,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points for $415
- 3 Nights in a Hyatt Suite aka 69,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points for $775
- 2 Nights in an elite Hyatt hotel aka 30,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points for $330
*GREAT OFFER: Hyatt Gold Passport Points can be redeemed for hotel stays, airline miles and/or tickets.
- Thursday May 11: Club Carlson
- 1 Night aka 50,000 Club Carlson points for $194
- 2 Nights aka 100,000 Club Carlson points for $385
- Friday May 12: Lady Luck Returns To Vegas
- Caesar’s VIP for $1,110: 3 nights accommodations in a suite, 2 show tickets of your choice, $250 dining credit, spa treatments and roundtrip airport transportation
- Harrah’s New Orleans for $475: Two nights accommodations at Harrah’s New Orleans, gourmet dinner for two at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
- Harrah’s Kansas City for $300: Two nights accommodations at Harrah’s North Kansas City and dinner for two at your choice of restaurant
- Harrah’s Las Vegas for $275: 3 nights accommodations in a deluxe room, 2 show tickets,and $100 dining credit
- Harrah’s or Harvey’s Lake Tahoe for $275: 2 nights accommodations in a luxury room plus spa treatment at the Harrah’s Lake Tahoe Resort or Harveys Lake Tahoe
Daily Getaways FAQs:
- Monday May 7: Best Western
- 10,000 points for $67*
* DECENT OFFER: There are both good and bad points (pun intended).
- It only takes 8,000 points for a free night redemption.
- You can buy up to 5 sets of points for a total of 50,000 points for $335 or $301.50 with an American Express.
- You can use these towards the US Airways Grand Slam (if they offer it again this year).
- Best Western’s are independently owned and operated. I’ve never had good luck with Best Westerns. Every time I’ve booked with Best Western, the property wasn’t not participating in whatever contest or promotion, which you don’t know until after the fact.
- Most Best Western’s take more 8,000 points to redeem for a night.
- Often it’s cheaper to just pay for your stay than redeem points.
- This offer costs 6 cents a point.
The only enticement for me is the ability to use these towards the Grand Slam, if offered this year.